Just a list of various self care ideas.
Not all of these may necessarily be self care to you,
but part of the beauty of the concept of self care is that it's very individual and everyone gets to decide on their own version.
- Write out a list of some things you like to do and then do at least one
- Prepare a nice hot meal
- Build a blanket fort
- Improve a section on your webpage and make it look pleasing
- Light a scented candle
- Listen to a soothing album or nature sounds
- Cuddle with a stuffed animal
- Have a shower or take a bath
- Reset/clear your immediate area to make it nicer to exist in
- Dance to some favorite music
- Create a small zine about what you're thinking or feeling
- Do some simple papercraft, maybe create several of the same one
- Unplug, be unavailable to people for an hour or two
- Reread/rewatch a piece of media that soothes or inspires you
- Dress up! Pick out a nice outfit for right now or the coming day.
- Doodle and see what comes to mind, don't set expectations
- Play a cute game
- Look at art
- Let a friend know how much you appreciate them
- Make a collage
- Look around, are you putting off any chores that take less than 15 minutes to do? Do them.
- Go for a walk, even if it's just a short one
- Watch the clouds and see if you can spot any that have an interesting shape
- Do some stretches
- Revisit old favorites, be it books, movies, music, games, etc
- Place some seasonally appropriate decorations and arrange them nicely
- Look out the window and observe the sky and/or the scenery
- Create aesthetic edits or moodboards